With a certain record breaking sprinter officially becoming the most talked about person on Twitter, ever, earlier this week, adidas are highlighting the value of Social Media during these Olympic Games [the best Olympic Games] and have even created a purpose built Social Media Shoe, the #2@12 Social Media Barricade.
The tech'd-up red adiPower Barricade has been built to receive Tweets straight to the shoe, via its very own Twitter account @adidasbarricade.
In what could very well be the next stage in athlete connectivity, the Social Media Shoe boasts some incredible enhancements...
• Arduino unit built into the shoe
• External LCD to display information to user
• Personalised software that polls the Twitter API's to share specific data on the shoe screen (it's actively watching hashtags and mentions of itself.)
• Currently the shoe is sat in the adidas media lounge - Feel free to tweet it @adidasbarricade see if it tweets back!
• Tricked out LED lighting embedded into the three stripes of the shoe - Colours controllable by remote control.
• One off case for a Samsung tablet (Galaxy Tab) made from adidas Barricade shoe materials