While the British Summer Time barely got started for most of us and at best it ended a month ago, the clocks say different and this weekend will mark the official end to the season as we gain an hour of sleep [yey] and lose an hour of daylight [boo]. This mystical occurrence has happened every year of your life though and is hardly a reason for an article in the Sport section of RWD. What is reason for an article in the Sport section of RWD though is the news that with the clock change, will come a ball change in Europe's top leagues [Premier League, Serie A and La Liga] as the brand new Nike Maxim becomes the even more brand new Nike Maxim Hi-Vis ball.
The Nike Maxim Hi-Vis still boasts the NIKE RaDaR technology which means Rapid Decision and Response, but now managed to be even more visible, especially in low-light conditions, which we can expect a lot of in the months to come.
Additional performance enhancing innovations include:
• Hand-stitched casing for craftsmanship and durability
• Durable, lightweight PU casing with micro-grooves stabilizes ball flight to increase efficiency and accuracy
• Flexible, supple, cross-linked nitrogen-expanded foam provides superior “touch” and a consistent feel in all weather conditions
• Engineered rubber response layer helps store energy from impact and releases it at launch for enhanced power and speed
• A layer of polyester support fabric enhances the structure and stability of the ball for long-term performance and durability
The winter ready Nike Maxim Hi-Vis retails for £90 from nikestore.com.