Nike and O2's Priority Sports collaboration was announced earlier this summer [read all about it] and the service, which will provide exclusive products, services and experiences to sports fans in the UK, has been officially launched on Android today.
The goal behind Priority Sports is to inspire people to be more active and bring them closer to their sporting passion, via their mobile, wherever and whenever they are. New data from O2 shows that the UK is surging in demand for sports via their phones, and with their friends.
During the summer of sport, mobile internet usage went up 25%, driven by social media usage as people shared sporting excitement with friends.
But it’s not just about watching – people want to get active – requests for O2 Guru help in selecting and using sport and fitness mobile apps has rocketed this week with a 100% increase in queries.
The Priority Sports service will offer.
- Exclusive access to the new Nike+ Running app for Android which allows athletes to stay motivated and track, measure, compare and share their runs, refreshed all the time
- Access to Nike events, and athlete experiences, including, from launch, the likes of Paula Radcliffe, Premier League stars and training with Saracens rugby and more.
- Exclusive weekly Nike+ Run Clubs & Nike Training Clubs for Priority Sports members
- Opportunity to train at the Nike football Academy
- Dedicated 25% off all pitch hire at Lucozade Powerleague’s 44 5-aside centres nationwide
- 1,000 limited edition Ice Nike Fuelbands, only available online through Priority Sports
- Exclusive and advance Nike product releases
- Free shipping on all orders over £50
You can download the app from the Google Play store for Android devices, or by texting “Sports” to 2020, whilst staying up to speed via #o2prioritysports on Twitter.