One of the most popular and well respected games franchises in the world, NBA 2K13 follows-up the multiple award winning, 5million selling, global smash NBA 2K12.
How do you improve on the most popular and well recieved basketball titles in recent times? You get one of the most influential creatives in the world involved, of course. 2K Sports called in basketball enthusiast and part owner of the brand new Brooklyn Nets; Jay-Z to Executive Produce the title in an aim to transcend sports videogames and take virtual hardwood to the next level. Featuring an enhanced MyCareer mode and all-new gameplay features, NBA 2K13 will let gamers pit the best players in NBA history against the new dynasty of talent, including the much-debated matchup between the 2012 U.S. Men’s National Team and the 1992 “Dream Team.”
Building on the social and multiplayer genius of NBA 2K12, 2K Sports called on Hova's creative vision and artistic talents through his hand-picked soundtrack and visual stylings that permeate the whole look-and-feel of the game. Fans will now be treated to acts as diverse as U2, Kanye West, Phoenix, and Santigold, all while taking in Jay-Z’s full artistic genius in the game.
Some of NBA 2K13's key new features listed below.
- Improved Gameplay features which dramatically heighten the realism of the game, along with better graphics and animations, giving players a feel of total immersion.
- The Control Stick: For the first time ever, all dribble moves have been mapped to the right analog stick, as well as shooting, passing, and post moves. String together devastating crossovers and clutch shots for maximum control and effectiveness.
- Dynamic Shot Generator: Shots are now dynamically created on the fly, with all-new collision physics created in real-time.
- Signature Skills: Each player has unique abilities that can alter the course of a game. Players are modelled to impact the game in their own unique way, from Derrick Rose as a “Floor General” to Kevin Durant being “The Closer.” Learn to use each player’s unique ability and change the game on your terms.
- Revamped Passing System: Improved fast break passing gives players more control. Fire a bounce pass to a cutting teammate or go “Lob City” in transition.
The awesome MyCareer mode sees players start off as a rookie playing with the other rookies and then get drafted to a NBA team. The goal of the mode is to build your career and player’s abilities. Within MyCAREER you build up all your attributes. You raise up stats as you play and earn Virtual currency which you can use to purchase new attributes, clothes & apparel, hairstyles & accessories, to build your character’s abilities.
It’s not just your attributes either. Things like your animation packages, dunk packages and pre-game rituals are new this year (like LeBron throwing chalk in the air or Wade doing pull-ups on the rim). Give your player an identity.
With a new mode based around the incredible emerging stars of the NBA Kevin Durant, Blake Griffin and Derrick Rose who have all been winners of the NBA Rookie of the Year awards. On top of that NBA 2K13 will let gamers pit the best players in NBA history against the new dynasty of talent, including the much-debated matchup between the 2012 U.S. Men’s National Team and the 1992 “Dream Team."
You can also act as your team’s floor general by calling out plays and strategies using NBA 2K13’s voice recognition on Kinect for Xbox.
NBA 2K13 is out now on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.